The centre provides stimulating and meaningful programmes of activity and personal care.
- Crafts Exercise
- Music Songs
- Recreational Outgoing
Personal Care Includes
- Snoezelen Therapy
- Personal Laundry for those requiring bathing
- Morning Tea
Who can attend the centre?
Anyone over the age of 65 years who would like to socialise and interact with others in a stimulating, supportive and caring environment. Any adults with an intellectual disability referred to us through the Intellectual Disability Team of the Health Service Executive.
Costs to clients
There is a daily charge of €6.00 to those attending the centre, this charge contributes towards the costs of travel to and from the centre, morning and afternoon tea and a three course lunch.
- The local community, knowing that a first class day-care service is provided locally for older people and people with physical, sensory and intellectual disability.
- Local businesses benefit with a daily attendance of over fifty people shopping locally.
- Carers who get a much needed break
- The centre also creates employment with a staff of 13.
- Local community groups who use the centre at evening times.
How can you help?
Ardee Day Care Centre is a voluntary organisation and while grant aided by the Health Service Executive the centre depends greatly on fundraising and voluntary contributions to continue to deliver a high quality service.
We would greatly welcome anyone who would wish to offer their services to help fundraise to enables us to maintain and improve this service to the community of Ardee and mid Louth.
If you have an idea for fund raising or better still if you would like to join our fundraising team please contact the centre.